Friday 26 October 2012

Coffee morning at April House



On an almost last minute whim, I got a table at April House for the coffee morning supporting Macmillan and Renaissance that Sejal Sachdev puts on every year.  This year, she's in a lovely new house - that I actually saw being built!  But this meant much more space, great big rooms to fill with tables full of goodies for people to buy from local businesses.  All in all there were about 12 different tables/stalls ranging from me with illustration work, to jewellery and homewares, dolls, Christmas decorations and blankets to flowers, jams & chutneys and cake & biscuits.  Phewf!  Loads to look at basically!

For my table, I hiked up to the end of the garden and pulled out our tressle tables, which gave me a great big surface to work with.  Unlike at Book fairs where I would stand behind my table, this one was to be designed so people could walk all the way around.  I pulled out my mini and small frames with original illustrations and drypoint prints in them to be scattered around and built up the middle centre piece with my London Map prints, stands of cards and boxes full of lucky dip bags and pocket mirrors.

I was quite pleased with the outcome and overall look of my table, but this is definitely something I may need to invest a bit more time into organising in future!  I absolutely love my cards stands as they're cardboard and flat-pack, so are easy to carry around to fairs and markets here, there and everywhere.

Here is a list of all the contributors, and even a few photos I managed to take before everything came down.

'Becci-Bocci'

Rebecca White of Becci-Bocco dolls beautiful, bespoke dolls handmade with time and love, the perfect gift for any occasion. All commissions welcome.. www.becci-bocco.co.uk

'Sally Gibbs'

Sally Gibbs- The handmade Tale, Sally is a local artist. Original Paintings for sale and by commission and a selection of original craftwork. www.sallygibbs.com


Sam Moore & Dee Sanders- Baobab candles- as seen in Harrods. Welsh slate, amazing Anjou ice buckets  half  price & other stunning gift ideas.

Sally MacDougall- Sally MacDougall Offers beautiful flowers for all events including weddings, parties & corporate events. We also hold workshops throughout the year. www.sallymacflowers.co.uk 

Lisa Thomas- Fine food for all occasions, Homemade Christmas Cakes to sample and order, chocolate truffles & cupcakes

Pami Ratnavel- Inara Jewellery is a unique collection of beautiful handmade pieces that balance contemporary chic with understated elegance. Pami, local mum, designs and makes each piece at home.  

Alison Pao- owns Rowan garden centre.  Gifts for garden & home. Xmas decorations.

Dipti Daryanani- who has a Diploma in Vegetarian Cookery from the Vegetarian Society, runs ‘the little aubergine" which caters for functions and busy parents. Dipti also makes scrumptious cakes, biscuits, jams & chutneys. 

Nita Nathwani- makes ceramic objects and paper clay formations inspired by sea life, sculpted textiles and the built environment.  www.nitanathwani.com

Jodie Aziz- scarves in sumptuous silks are affordable luxurious accessories that are both unique and stylish and have the ability to transform any outfit. You may have seen Jodie at the Spirit Fairs at Olympia. www.jodieaziz.com

Charlotte Vallance -local illustrator and printmaker focusing on working in watercolours and screen printing, producing original illustrations and screen print editions of places she has travelled to and been inspired by. charlottevallance.blogspot.co.uk

Natural quilts- Jyoti lives in Chesham Bois and designs quilts and has them made ethically in India. Cuddly and soft 100% cotton hand block printed quilts and quillows (quilts that fold up to become cushions) in different sizes and colours. www.naturalquilts.com



'Judy's Jams'

Judy’s jams- Judy lives in Chesham Bois. Home made jams , chutneys and cordial made from locally picked and sourced produce


Massive thank you to my Mum, who was kind enough to step in for me while I had to go to work in the middle of it all!  I had wanted to get a photo of us in front of my table but it was coming down by the time I got back and I clean forgot.


No comments: