Saturday 25 May 2013

Local markets




At home in Amersham I'm slowly getting used to having my work out and about in shops and cafes I know and love.  Recently, my work has travelled a bit further, see this post here, and for a while now have been here and here.  but I am still getting used to meeting local people who recognise my work and connect the dots when they realise it's me that's done something!


Apart from Christmas fairs at local schools I haven't been very aware about art markets going on in my area.  I hear about big ones happening in London, Bristol and further afield, but really need to get local and figure it all out!  Last year I managed to get involved with the Berkhamsted Arts and Crafts Market that happens on the first saturday of every month and the third Sunday (coinciding with the local farmers market), and am meaning to book up a few more dates for later in the year.


A friend of mine has been talking about the Little Fox Market since she moved to Rickmansworth and finally in March, I made it to the first market of the year!  A little nippy out, but lots of lovely tables full of a variety of goods.  I got in touch and was there the first weekend in May (4th) and it was lovely!


A few photos from the day!  I met some lovely people - namely Caroline of 'Handmade Soap by Caroline' who was next to me with her gorgeous soaps (and matching gazebo), the day flew by chatting about various crafty things.

I'll be back at this lovely little market the first weekend in August - Saturday 3rd from 10.30am till 3.30pm, stop by and say hello if you're in the area!

No comments: