Monday 16 March 2015

Autumnal Themed Wedding Invitations




Theme : Autumnal
Colours : Oranges, reds, browns
Pieces needed : Save the dates, invitation, evening invitation, wedding list card, thank you cards

A lovely bespoke set of invitations to work on!  A great way to emphasise the time of year they are getting married, the future Mr & Mrs were after rustic and autumnal feel, with rich colours to reflect this.  The Bride-to-be gave me a few photos of maple leaves to work from and use as inspiration, which I took and worked away on sketches and colours.

Between us we chatted and ironed out technicalities like quantity and budget, and were happily on the same page when it came to the illustrations.  I really threw a spanner in the works when I had a brain wave (as it were) and came up with some last minute new designs.  Luckily the Bride-to-be loved them, so much so that she added 'thank you cards' onto her order so she could use both designs and not have to choose!

Stationary and place names

Feedback like that is priceless, and it's helped me to be bolder with my choices and to really think outside the box with my illustrations.

As with my 'Summer Garden Party Wedding' invitations, I kept consistent with text, typography, images and colour.  And again, it's really paid off!  Everything works well together as a set, or can stand alone by itself.  The theme of the leaves will be continuing on the day itself too.  I've been asked to illustrate 12 British leaves which will be used on table plans, place settings, and note cards for guests to write on, lovely.

Added extra : Stickers - to seal up all those envelopes!

It was so lovely, on the day of the wedding to see my illustrations on everything, pulling it all together and keeping the theme strong throughout all elements of the wedding.  I had lots of lovely compliments, and even got a mention in the speeches!  But I'm just so happy I was able to help them create their special day how they had pictured it.








If you like my style and are looking for some bespoke wedding invitations, or perhaps it's just a special party, get in touch with your ideas.  I'd love to create you something special!

1 comment:

zerry ht said...

This invitation and theme both are looking wonderful. I am also planning my wedding reception at reception halls in Atlanta and was looking for some good ideas and themes for planning the wedding.